Sunday 12 May 2013


Capital Punishment – From the Eyes of a Hangman
By Radhika Agrawal
http://www.writerbabu.com/post/4334/capital_punishment_from_the_eyes_of_a_hangman/

Of haunted eyes,
And every man that dies.
Of remorse and penance,
And a guilty conscience.
Of an empty life,
Only full of dread.
Of living in fear
Of what lies ahead.


The words rang in my head,
Another guilty, made it nine.
But as I looked up at the prisoner,
His guilt doubled up with mine.

When I walked down my street,
Their stares bore holes in me.
But they wouldn’t meet my eye,
Afraid of what they’d see.

Yet another night
Of nightmares and shame.
And the morning that followed
Told me reality was the same.

They say that one criminal dead
Is one criminal gone.
But with every man I hang,
A criminal in me is born.










No comments:

Post a Comment